August 26, 2004

II Corinthians 5:16-18

16 So we have stopped evaluating others by what the world thinks about them. Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way, as though he were merely a human being. How differently I think about him now! 17 What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun! 18 All this newness of life is from God, who brought us back to himself through what Christ did. And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Thomas,
The last line ... "And God has given us the task of reconciling people to him" ... says it all for me. Our commission is to help people to get saved (obtain eternal life), see them delivered, restored and healed in all aspects of their lives, and then to move on in the power of His Holy Spirit to overcome the world, because Jesus has already overcome the world on our behalf at the Cross. I am sure (exceedingly confident)that God will use YOU to help achieve all of these things in peoples (both students and fellow staff)lives over the next 5 months of DTS. You are in he centre of His will for your life right now - of this I am convinced.
Miss you heaps son, Dad.

Tom said...

Hey Dad,
thanks for bringing my focus to that part of the verse, its a real encouragement and I also a confirmation that God is going to use me in this area. I have a real heart for restoration, but didn't realise until you pointed it out, that God can and will use me in that now, as long as I am open to him working through and in my life :)

We don't need a degree to operate in the gifts that God has given us, we just need wisdom *from God* and faith *in God* to partner *with God* to see the the work done *by God*