July 04, 2005

God speaks

I'm so blessed everytime that God speaks to me ... and I'm even more blessed when i actually listen :)

I was in church listening to a great sermon ... and though not directly related to what the preacher said, the Holy Spirit stirred in me and challenged with a simple statement

"Life is too short, to live for yourself"

People say to me from time to time, "why would you give up so much to do what you do"
but now I realize that I should be asking them "why would you give up so much to settle for 2nd best"

5 comments:

Katy said...

Wow...very profound, and very true. Might I share this post on my blog?
Hope you're having a great time with your family.
God bless,
Katy

Unknown said...

amen bro. nice new layout u have here.

profund, very profound indeed.

u be blest!

Coach said...

good call mate. A deep thought in few words -keep developing ths gift of yours. It's gold

Unknown said...

I've been reading your blog since you posted a comment on one of my entries... and it has been an encouragement and inspiration to me! :)

I actually e-mailed DTS Chiangmai to ask about the class starting Sep 05 but was told that it has been filled up and the next one would only be in Sep 07... Oh well!

Keep the faith and talk to you soon... am still compiling the photos from my Chiangmai trip and will upload when I am done!

Jess said...

settling for second best is such a waste! i'm so encouraged by your comments and it's been refreshing to hear of others who also struggle with being "counter-cultural." need more people to challenge our existing systems...