December 21, 2005

Service with a Smile

At the moment I'm leading an outreach team for 6 weeks in the province of NAN in Northern Thailand. It is the first time I've been 'the leader' of a team. Previously I've been a leader or staff on outreaches, but not 'the leader'. I've had leadership responsibilities but the responsibility of being the leader. When chosen as the leader for the team I immediately started doubting that I should be the leader. I mean wouldn't someone else do a better job, someone that would make less mistakes, that wouldn't lead these students down the wrong path. Oh man I don't want all this attention, everyone looking to me thats too much to take, too much responsibility.

... God however has reassured me that I'm the man for job, inadequacies and ALL!!
he wants to teach me something, He wants to change me, he wants to grow me, and he has to make me a leader in order to know how to really serve, and I need to respond and serve in order to really be a leader.

God doesn't want me to be a perfect leader with no flaws, I don't even have to be confident of where I'm leading the others, I just have to be confident in the one I'm following. And above all to serve with joy in the place that God has called me to be.
"Service with a Smile"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom...just read your blog and I want to encourage you about leading the team which I think is awesome. Its actually about time you lead a team... hehehe...dont let your doubts distract you from God's blessings. You are an awesome Man of God with great leadership abilities and God is given you the opportunity to grow in the talent He has given you. I'll be praying for y'all and I cant wait to hear all the wonderful testimonies and the miracles that will take place over the next 6 weeks. As a side note..I miss DTS and I have been missing outreach alot the past several days...it was a hard time but I miss it. Dont worry about anything but always be prayful! God is faithful and He has great things instore for you, dont be afraid for Him to use you in ways you never dreamed of. Well I hope that encourages you. Have a great outreach! Oh by the way this is Liz from your DTS...hehehe :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Thomas....Fantastic news...onward and upward......The Lord says..."be not afraid for I am with thee" just be putty in His hands kiddo...what a place to be......yaaaaaaaaaa
luv it....luv ya tooooooooo
Mother Duck xxx

Jess said...

Hey Tom! I always go to your blog to get encouraged...and once again I was relating again to the journey that you're on with our Lord. Your humility and integrity is always so encouraging to see and I'm constantly amazed how God uses such quality people for His kingdom's work. As Plato put it...the best leader is one that does not want to be a leader (philosopher king).