March 30, 2006

Fresh bread


Reynald's Bible
Originally uploaded by
lil aNNa.
If you are hungry then there is not much else more satisfying that some fresh bread. If its just been cooked then I'll eat it without even putting butter or anything else on it

Food is something we need, but its also interesting and exciting, its something to be enjoyed. Jesus must of thought it was important as he did several miracles with food and wine. There are also many accounts of Jesus meeting with others around the dinner table. Still Jesus' own words show that there is something much more important that food.

"People need more than bread for their life; they must feed on every word of God." Matthew 4:4

As much as food is important to our survival, the word of God is even more important! The living bread is crucial to our survival. We will die unless we're getting fed. When we're hungry and starving, it doesn't take us long to remember 'oh I didn't eat breakfast this morning' and go and get some food. But for some reason when we get spiritual hunger pains, it can take a while before we do go and feed. We don't need to be force feeding ourselves, we just need to realize that this bread is interesting and exciting. God's words aren't any old bread, no matter how old they are they will never get stale. They will always be fresh! How cool is that!

For myself my consumption is still more like nibbling, but really I'm starting to get more hungry. I'm also realizing different things in my life, are in fact hunger pains telling me I need to eat more.


1 comment:

clevisen said...

Hey Tom, thanks for being the only one - until know supporting my escape from blog.com to blogger/blogspot. You must be the guy Torben has told me about that 'I should meet one day' - okay, reading your blog is, I suppose, a kind of 'meeting'..

I like your site, both content and design. Especially I like your journey metaphor. Actually I'm thinking about changing my first blog name back to 'traveler'.