March 30, 2006

From the family of an Indian Christian killed

I originally posted the prayer below almost 2 years ago and reading it again I find myself moved by it even more now. It really does speak to me because I feel like now I'm desperate for a breakthrough ... but for that to happen something has to break!

I asked for strength -- and God gave me difficulties to make me strong

I asked for wisdom -- and God gave me problems to solve

I asked for prosperity -- and God gave me brain and brawn to work

I asked for courage -- and God gave me dangers to overcome

I asked for love -- and God gave me opportunities

I received nothing I wanted -- I received everything I needed

My prayer has been answered

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Wow, so beautiful and inspiring. Every trial we face...it's all for a reason, we just have to look to God for all that is good. It's encouraging to see that there are people out there who can still view things in a positive light, even in times of sorrow. Thanks for posting this!