April 15, 2004

Encouraged

Yesterday I met with my pastor, and it was very encouraging. He is very supportive of me going away and going as a missionary. I really was praying and hoping for that, because having the churches backing means alot to me. Before leaving Thailand last time, I asked 3 things of God if I was to come back to Thailand to staff DTS. 1) My parents would support me. 2) My pastor & church would support me. 3) My University would give me a leave of absence for 2 years. And God has done all of the above :)

At the moment I'm working out a tentative budget to see what my financial needs for the next two years will be. Its looking like around $AU500-$AU600 per month. Its not long until I go and I haven't really got any support organized yet, but I know its in God's hands.
One thing I can't believe is the price increase in visas. The multiple-entry one year visa is now $AU225 (was $AU65)
I'm going to need to obtain another visa while I'm there as I'm there for 2 years, but I may have to fly to Singapore to get it, as it is basically impossible to get a 1-year visa in the surrounding countries or in Thailand.

No comments: