June 26, 2004

Thai class

Lately I have been cutting grass at the the DTS base with Somphon (another
staff) and we have just started learning Thai with a tutor.

It was amazing how God provided for us, the tutor that Somphon and I were
going to use is moving, and we can't really study at a language school, as
we only have a month before we need to do staff training.

We were recommended a pastor's wife and were told she was an excellent
teacher ... and she is.
She has lots of free time now, as many of her students are back in the US
for holidays, we started the day after we had made contact with her. We are
studying 2 hours a day mon-fri,and she doesn't charge us as much as some
tutors would, because she has a real heart to help missionaries. We are
learning how to read and write at the moment, and she is able to teach us
Thai Christian words, which other teachers wouldn't be able to do. She
doesn't actually speak to us in English during the lesson, which helps to
learn Thai much quicker.

God had it all in his hands, I didn't have a clue how I was going to be
studying Thai .
God has even provided more than enough money to cover the cost of this lot
of Thai language lessons.

And tomorrow I'm going to an orphanage near Chiang Rai to spend time with
the kids and give them gifts. Most of them don't have shoes, and some don't
even have t-shirts. We were invited to go with our Thai teacher =)

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hey, great hearing from ya yet again...you sound like you're having a really awesome time...hope all goes well with your Thai lessons.

It saddens to hear about people who don't have as much...ESPECIALLY children. I have such a big heart for kids...glad to see that you guys are taking care of them. When I hear such things I realize just how much I take for granted...

God bless ya, Bro. I'll be keeping ya in my prayers!