June 12, 2004

whats happening

From now I will be in Bangkok for a few days, then will travel to ChiangMai. When I get there I will probably stay with director of the Dts for a while, then I will either be staying there to help him or studying Thai in the city.

We have staff training from August 9, then the Dts will start in September,
we have a few experienced guys coming over from the Philipines to staff with us this year. After that Dts finishes I some of us will probably goto the Philipines for some more training... I wasn't expecting this, but am quite excited about it if it is what God leads :)

At the moment I will be putting my all into being the staff that God wants me to be. this may mean not doing some of the things I thought I might do at first, but instead do training, and just focusing on staffing. And I like that idea, because I really believe that staffing the Dts's is the reason God called me to Thailand.
As we learnt during the workshop at the conference, staffing Dts isn't just something you do until God shows you where he wants you to be, it is a calling in itself. Since being here I've become much more open to the idea that God might call me to be a dts staff for a longer time than what I had first expected.

I am open to whatever God calls me to, another area that doors have been opening in are the areas of multimedia and missions.

No comments: